New year, new budget, right?
Most churches run on a January-December fiscal year, which means it's time to pull out your budget worksheets and start fresh.
Then you remember your budget worksheets are boring, black and white Excel files, with heavy black grid lines, plain font, and pages that run on forever, which sort of puts a damper on the whole happy "fresh start" thing.
If this sounds familiar, then you're in for a real treat today!
Here is a beautiful, color-coded, auto-fill budget worksheet for your music program, with pretty pie charts and bar graphs, to boot!
Free Budget Worksheet
Download your copy of this free budget worksheet and start
organizing your church's music expenditures today! Sign up below:
HOW TO USE:
1. Enter your budgeted amount for each category in the Budget column of the Summary by Category table. The actual column will auto-fill with numbers once you enter transactions on the next page (click the tab in the top left corner of the page, if using Numbers).
2. Enter your transactions (date, description, category, and amount). Make sure your categories match the categories on the first page.
3. Use the pie charts to compare budgeted amounts with year-to-date spending (categories are color-coded!).
4. Use the bar chart at the bottom of the first page to see a summary of your year-to-date spending per category.
To update or change the categories on the first page:
1. Click to select and type a new name into the box.
2. Change the name in quotes in the formula bar to match your new category name. It should look like this:
3. Make sure to update the category name for any transactions you may have added on page 2.
Looking for more?