It's been a few months since I wrote about my goals for 2013 so I thought I'd give y'all a quick update.
// PERSONAL GOALS
1. Run 2-3 times per week and increase circuit to 2 miles once per week Progress: We're at two runs most weeks and we're up to a total of 2.75 miles/week - ahead of schedule!
2. Find ways to give to others each month Progress: We found a few local charities to support and places where we can donate clothes, food, and household items. We're looking forward to volunteering with a hospitality organization later this spring and serving families in need of food and shelter.
4. Study the Word actively Progress: Steve and I are reading through The Story this year (2012-2013) and we just started the New Testament. We've also been reading through a few plans on YouVersion (a free app). So far, we've read Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians.
5. Get up at 7:30 a.m. six out of seven days a week Progress: I hit the ground running with this goal and have really made it habit (out of necessity!). I've even had a few days of beating my goal by half an hour!
6. Be intentional with rest Progress: I can always be better with this but things like putting work away at a certain point in the evening, taking time on the weekends to spend with SD, and having a book to read for pleasure help me be more intentional with rest.
7. Make a list of things we are grateful for to display in our home Progress: I created a page to hang in our kitchen as soon as we got back from our holiday traveling. I love having such a tangible way to count our blessings all throughout the year. Print your own Gratitude list here.
8. Focus on inspiring influences; purge negativity Progress: I purged my social media and blog feeds early in the year. What a difference it makes to see positive influences in the time I spend on those sites!
9. Eat more whole foods Progress: We started reading labels in the grocery store and being more intentional with the things we buy. We've tried a few new healthy recipes with whole grains (especially quinoa) and started buying organic butter and whole wheat bread. I also started using substitutes for sugar and oil in recipes.
10. Find ways to add value to others Progress: I have been much more intentional about this these past few months. I am trying to become a better encourager, write more love notes to SD, and make sure I write thank you notes in a timely manner.
// BUSINESS GOALS
1. Get published Progress: I emailed a journal editor about a manuscript I have in progress and am preparing another to submit to a poster session for an upcoming conference.
2. Write a hymn arrangement Progress: No progress on this goal yet but I plan to start this project soon!
3. Spend more time in the practice room Progress: At the beginning of the semester, I blocked off time in my schedule to practice two hours every day. I've been working on keyboard skills such as harmonization, sightreading, sightsinging, improvisation, and transposition and I've successfully learned two songs by ear in all 12 keys ("Happy Birthday" and the "Doxology"). I have to say, I look forward to this time each day to spend away from books and email and paper-writing and get back to actively building musicianship (read more here and here).
4. Create a blog schedule Progress: I began keeping a schedule of posts and a list of blog ideas in my planner. Hopefully that means more regular blogging for all of you readers!
5. Update website Progress: I made a few little updates around my website back in February - what do you think?
How are your goals for 2013 coming along?